- Yes, we’re fully aware that 2018 hasn’t ended yet.
- There have been quite a lot of titles released this year.
- Most of them didn’t receive the type of attention that they should have deserved.
Here are five underrated movies released this year that you must, absolutely, really, really see.
1. “Le monde est a toi” – The World Is Yours
Because this is one of the funniest heist movies ever made. he story of a criminal who’s trying to break out of the thug life, The World is Yours develops into a stylish and unexpectedly sweet rebuke to the idea that screwing people is a good way to get ahead.
Set in the suburbs of Connecticut, Thoroughbreds is the story of a teenage girl named Amanda (Olivia Cooke), who decides togethere with her friend, Lilly, to murder Lily’s stepfather. What follows is a devious of work, an expertly crafted dark comedy.
3. “The Cage Fighter”
If you enjoyed movies like Southpaw or Warrior, then you must see this one. Well worth the time, even though much darker in tone.
4. “En El Septimo Dia”
Set across one week in the life of a Mexican immigrant in Brooklyn, “En El Septimo Dia” provides us with a glimpse into the everyday challenges of an immigrant’s life – something often ignored in mainstream cinema — yet more relevant than ever today.
5. “The Strangers: Prey at Night”